I have been painting all my life. In art school photography entered my life and I bought my first of many cameras. Whether in painting or photography, abstraction is at the basis of all my work.
Rain has been a huge theme for me for years now. I love exploring the mysterious world of shimmering reflective surfaces that appear during or after it has rained. Looking through a window during a rain shower shows the world without its sharp contours, shows colours that blend together instead of their sharp contrasts.
I work in layers. I add, I take away, I add again. I may add again. Or take away.
I usually work on more than one painting at a time. There is always a layer that needs drying, a painting that needs some time or I might want to go back to a painting I thought was finished. I don’t stop until the painting expresses what I feel. Colours shift over time, they become darker, they become brighter. It’s an ongoing process- a process I love.
If you would like to see my paintings, drop me an email and we can set up a visit to my atelier here in Den Bosch. Or visit one of my exhibitions.
Represented by Front of Bicycle Gallery in Basel, CH
Member of the National Association of Artists (NABK) in The Netherlands
- Kunstroute Paleiskwartier, Den Bosch, The Netherlands, 28 August 2022, 11.00 – 17.00
- Open Atelierroute 2021, Den Bosch, 16 en 17 October, 11.00 – 17.30
- NDSM Fuse Amsterdam, Expo 9, May 2021 – June 2021
- Open Studios NDSM Treehouse Amsterdam, Friday 4 December 14.00 – 18.00
- Open Ateliers Amsterdam- Noord, 14 – 15 November 2020 (postponed)
- NDSM Fuse Amsterdam, Expo VIII, September – December 2020
- Voltahalle Basel, Switzerland, 2018: group exhibition painting
- Front of Bicycle Pop-up Gallery Basel, 2017: exhibition painting
- Biennale Pratteln, Switzerland, 2017: Group exhibition of selected Basel artists
- Basel Art Center Basel, 2016: group exhibition painting
- Hauptort für Gestaltung Basel, 2015: Group exhibition
- BIS Exhibition Room Bottmingen, Switzerland, 2015: solo exhibition painting
- Kunstraum Art Mathieu, Olten, Switzerland 2015: solo exhibition Painting
- Ateliers Florenz, Basel, 2013: solo exhibition photography & painting: “Abstrakte Positionen”
- Art Wall at Centrepoint Basel, 2012: solo exhibition
- Le Triangle, Huningue, France, 2012: “Rencontre Photographique”
- Alte Post Riehen, Switzerland, 2010: group exhibition photography “Emotions”
- Fall 2020, Dutch Atelier of Realistic Art in Haarlem: Painting from the old masters
- April 2018 & 19, Chelsea College of Arts London: Oil Painting courses
- 2009 – 2012, Freie Kunsthochschule Freiburg (Germany): Fine arts – painting
- 2008 – 2011, Zürcher Hochschule der Kunsten: Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Photography
- 2006 – 2008, UCK- Utrecht Centre for Arts: Fine arts – painting, photography and sculpture
- 2000 – 2002, Teacher qualification for vocational and adult education
- 1991 – 1995, Utrecht University- English Language and Literature
- 1989 – 1991, Art School, Tilburg, The Netherlands
I love teaching and I taught art for many years in Basel. I arrived in Amsterdam around the same time as COVID19, so I wasn’t able to start teaching art here. I hope to do so again in the future, but in the meantime I am loving teaching Dutch as Second Language online. But I know that one day I’ll be teaching art again!